1966 Chevrolet Chevy II Nova SS
Rare SS matching VIN stamped ZG suffix L79 327/350HP muscle car, 12 bolt rear and 4 speed Muncie manual transmission.
Free shipping East of the Mississippi River for most USA locations!
Engine: 327 CID L79 350HP V8
Transmission: 4 speed Muncie manual
Mileage: 200 miles showing (title states mileage exempt)
Body Style: 2 door Coupe
Exterior color: Marina Blue with clear coat
Interior color: Blue bucket seat interior
1966 Chevrolet Chevy II Nova Super Sport L79, recently restored in its original Marina Blue. A real V8 SS by VIN tag, cowl tag, and cowl stamping. It is equipped with the legendary L79 327/350 horsepower small block with a VIN stamped block matching the car’s VIN and a stamped engine suffix code of ‘ZG’ along with the recessed oil filter boss. The L79 is backed by a Muncie 4 speed transmission and a 12 bolt rear axle with 3.73 gears for performance. This Nova SS has just completed a restoration to its original color of Marina Blue clear coat exterior with blue bucket seat interior. The previous owner had the L79 engine rebuilt complete with new pistons, connecting rods, and valves. The original crankshaft was inspected, polished, and reused in the rebuild. The rear end was rebuilt to original standards. During the roughly eight hundred hour restoration, the interior, and body were all completed providing show quality results that make this car easy to cruise and to enjoy. The previous Mariana blue exterior paint was removed down to the metal to ensure the body was solid before repaint. The Nova SS comes with a copy of the original build sheet. The Chevy II underwent a complete restyling in 1966 into what many people consider the most desirable example of the marquee. This is a legendary performance package that is ready for show in its stunningly restored original color!
- Engine: L79 327/350HP with matching VIN stamp and correct ‘ZG’ suffix
- Displacement: 327 CID
- 1970 LT-1/Z28 rare GM factory aluminum intake, aluminum water pump, new 750 CFM Holley carburetor, replacement distributor
- Muncie 4-Speed manual transmission
- Chevy II 12 bolt rear axle, 3.73 gears
- Master cylinder with power brakes, power steering
- The following items were replaced: new exhaust, Holley carburetor, battery, distributor, new pistons, connecting rods and valves, and other items.
- The previous owner rebuilt the following items: motor with polished crankshaft, rear axle and other items.
- Restored Marina Blue clear coat finish
- Original Nova SS V8 car by VIN tag, cowl stamp and trim tag
- SS package
- Comes with a copy of the build sheet.
- The following items were replaced: tires, shocks, new trunk mat, detailed engine compartment, and other items.
- Nicely restored and appointed Blue bucket seat interior
- Fully optioned with SS options, including consul, AM radio.
- Hazard flasher switch signal.
- The following items were replaced: upholstery, carpet, speedometer was replaced at 35k miles due to not functioning. True mileage unknown.